OnMusic History Survey |
(Access Code: ISBN 978-0-9677747-3-2) | (Access Card: ISBN 978-0-9779276-9-2)
OnMusic History Survey provides music within its historical context, touching upon the social, political, scientific, and artistic landscape of each period. The course focuses heavily on the contribution of key composers for each period, and features listening guides and exams that require the student to truly understand the works of those composers.
Whether you teach online, in a traditional classroom, or a hybrid/blended environment, OnMusic, OnMusic History Survey offers a robust set of digital content designed to make learning accessible and enjoyable for your students. And because the material is written by academics and musicians, the quality and rigor is built into all course content, videos, and streaming music.
View the Course Syllabus/TOC
The right choice for you and your students:
- A complete course featuring online integrated text and interactions, music, assessment, and administrative tools
- More than 400 complete pieces of music. Listening is tightly integrated with the text and all music streams through the browser.
- All music can be downloaded and kept by students – giving them a complete library of Western music to keep forever.
- Over 170 scores included. Can be downloaded and printed, or viewed in the browser online.
- Fully customizable content and music selections – anything from Naxos can be built into the course.
- Full instructor and student support, free-of-charge for all administrative, set up, and help functions.
With over 20 hours of music, every lesson in this course contains streaming music.
Online Music Dictionary
Some words are part of the technical vocabulary used by musicians. The links associated with these words will open the Online Music Dictionary where you will be able to read definitions and hear the correct pronunciation of key words.
Students can watch performances of the music selections they are studying. Discover Video links to YouTube and other videos to reinforce student understanding and engagement.
Listening guides can be found in each section of the course, integrated in to the text. Students can listen to the music examples as they read and learn the applicable.
Three written assignments, including a concert attendance report, can be found in OnMusic History Survey. Instructors can choose any or all of them, or add their own.
OnMusic History Survey includes short assessments at the end of each topic, along with a midterm and final exam, all of which can be used as is or customized to fit your needs.
(https://www NULL.store NULL.connect4education NULL.com/OnMusic-History-Survey-C19 NULL.aspx)