OnMusic Appreciation for Blackboard |
(Standard: ISBN 978-0-9677747-9-4) | (Extended: ISBN 978-0-9839707-0-5)
OnMusic Appreciation for Blackboard helps students appreciate, understand, and develop critical thinking skills for a variety of musical styles and genres. Designed for the non-music major, this course presents the basic building blocks of music and fosters attentive, intelligent listening with more than 20 hours of full-length pieces and interactive listening guides.
Whether you teach online, in a traditional classroom, or a hybrid/blended environment, OnMusic Appreciation for Blackboard offers a robust set of digital content designed to make learning accessible and enjoyable for your students. And because the material is written by academics and musicians, the quality and rigor is built into all course content, videos, and streaming music.
The right choice for you and your students:
- A complete course featuring online integrated text and interactions, music, listening guides and assessments within Blackboard
- All of the content hosted on your school server, and may be customized within Blackboard using the complete Bb toolset
- Over 400 pieces of music, the broadest selection of streaming and downloadable music and listening guides
- Fully customizable content and music selections; manage the full course within Blackboard
- Instructor and student support, free-of-charge – Support Comparison Chart
- Music Selections With over 400 pieces of music, every lesson in this course contains streaming music. All of the selections are also available for download.
- Online Music Dictionary Some words are part of the technical vocabulary used by musicians. The links associated with these words will open the Online Music Dictionary where you will be able to read definitions and hear the correct pronunciation of key words.
- Discover Video Students can watch performances of the music selections they are studying. Discover Video links to YouTube and other videos to reinforce student understanding and engagement.
- Graphical Listening Guides Graphical listening guides can be found in each section of the course, integrated in to the text. Students can listen to the music examples as they read and learn the applicable concepts.
- Test Yourself Opportunities for self-assessment occur in each section. There are five multiple choice, listening questions for each class, for even more listening practice and immediate feedback.
- Interactive Period Maps Complete sets of maps include the historical, geographical and musical perspectives of composers and their works.
- Meet the Composer Composer profiles, including text, graphic and musical information, appear on pages where composers or their works are discussed.
- Written Assignments Five written assignments are included in OnMusic Appreciation for Blackboard. Instructors can choose any or all of them, or add their own. Choose from Identify Musical Ideas, Listening, Analysis, Research Your Favorite Instrument on the Web, and a Concert Attendance Report.
- Assessments OnMusic Appreciation for Blackboard includes short assessments/quizzes (five questions) at the end of each topic, along with a midterm and final exam, all of which can be used as is or customized within Blackboard to fit your needs.
(https://www NULL.store NULL.connect4education NULL.com/Search NULL.aspx?k=blackboard)